Property portal, Zoopla, is urging agents to prepare for a Boxing Day boost in enquiries as it expects a 60% month-on-month increase in visitors and an 80% boost in applicant and valuation leads throughout the festive period and into January.
Andy Marshall, Zoopla Chief Commercial Officer, says: “Much like the perfect Christmas lunch, having a successful January for agents is all about preparation and getting as much as possible done in advance. Whether it’s the basics like having your stock and photography up to date and having enough staff to deal with enquiries, or something a little more complex like taking advantage of different online marketing tools, there are a number of quick and easy steps you can take. Either way, the opportunity is great and the rewards are there for the taking.
We know from Boxing Day onwards people begin to think about the future. Whether that’s downsizing as kids have flown the nest, upsizing to meet the needs of a growing family, or a move to be closer to the grandkids, there are opportunities aplenty. There’s no better feeling than a winning start to the year, and here at Zoopla we are ready to support agents with everything they need to have a successful 2020.”
Zoopla has ‘Ten Tips of Christmas’, which provide some helpful ideas to get the year off to a flying start.
1. Encourage vendors to think about price. Any price change of 3% or more will be automatically pushed out on a Zoopla email to our relevant registered users, boosting exposure and click-through rates
2. Keep your stock looking ship-shape and interesting by refreshing images in the lead up to the peak period. Christmas is all about food and hospitality so keep kitchens and reception rooms front of mind
3. Give applicants who have been unable to find a property in recent months a call to let them know about any star properties you have coming onto your books. The personal touch will go a long way
4. Why not pick a nearby charity to support? It’s great for staff morale, increases your standing amongst customers and gives you the opportunity to get some coverage in the local paper
5. Ensure features like an annex, utility room or cellar are listed as keywords. Houses are often bursting at the seams at Christmas and it helps home hunters with specific requirements to find your property
6. Zoopla’s Valuation Boosters ensure you are pre-ticked for Valuation Leads in the outcodes of your choice which can result in up to five times more Valuation Leads landing in your inbox every month
7. Raise brand awareness and direct traffic straight to your website with Area Sponsorship. With a bespoke ad appearing in every search results page in your chosen area, you can really own your outcode
8. Don’t forget about older properties that are starting to languish. Review and refresh their listings and use tools like our Weekly Featured Property tool to give them maximum exposure
9. Don't let lead times and service levels drop. It's more important than ever to be the first agent to respond to a Valuation Lead and give great service to win that customer
10. House hunting is a journey and it can be stressful. By keeping in touch with customers via text or WhatsApp you can provide the extra level of reassurance and a personal touch they need